Jul 13, 2011

Proud To Be Winners!

In hundreds of entries we were one of 4 winners in Adoptive Families Magazine's "Mommy and Me" contest. I hadn't heard from the magazine in NYC since their initial e-mail to me and was surprised to go to the mailbox last week to find two issues of the magazine with our photo on page 6!

One of the primary reasons i entered this contest was because after scanning the website and on line magazine I was unsettled regarding the number of foreign adoptions represented. There are over 1/2 million foster children in the USA. Many are waiting for forever homes and will not find them. For those who age out of the foster system without permanency a majority will end up in the penal system and/or become single moms perpetuating the cycle.

I understand only too well that one of the reasons people don't adopt within our country is because of the often hostile system that they must navigate.

But that's a topic for discussion later.

Much later!

11 comments:

Island Rider said...

Congrats. I already knew your family was a winner, but now the world knows it!

D said...

Congratulations!

Big Daddy Dr Weeds said...

You are my hero. I understand what you are saying after my adoption of he who should not be named.But I love him. He may actually grow up one of these days.God love you and your wonderful family . I am glad you are feeling better. Just glad that you may be almost back to normal. Whatever that is ,its been so long I just don't know anymore.Love Ya
Big Daddy

Elizabeth said...

Oh, congratulations! You're such a beautiful, joyous family in that photo!

Anonymous said...

How could you have not been selected after they saw your warm and fuzzy family photo?

Ms. M

Mitzi Curi said...

Your family is getting much-deserved attention for being a normal loving family under extraordinary circumstances, at least that's how I see it. Congratulations!

Diane said...

Love, love, love!!

Heather said...

I knew you would win.How could you not??Congratulations.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Congratulations!!

Jennie said...

My greatest Christmas Card photo success :)

Love the photo and everyone in it!!

Anonymous said...

oh, and there you are! i was right--even more beautiful now than 32 years ago!

congratulations--good things do happen!