Mar 14, 2010

Art Camp Poster Child




Been so busy. As if life isn't complicated enough throwing 6 nebulizer treatments a day in there really kicked the craziness up a notch. Good news though, baby is better and will be returning to Pre-K tomorrow. Ready for round 10? Ding Ding Ding. Last week I came home from work and grabbed the mail. There was a pamphlet from Art Camp which i ripped open (See 1/29/10 posting regarding art camp and the origami femur fracture). There in the middle of a beautiful collage of children making art is my boy! Ah, how adorable and not hard to miss as it is the largest photo in the collage. Children holding up their paintings. Children playing African musical instruments. Studious children at easels creating works of art. The boy holding up a...paint brush.....work of art...African drum....no.....a lizard. A lizard. I came to the conclusion finally that I was grateful that he had pink and purple paint on his fingers so it was obvious he had been doing something "artistic" at the not so inexpensive art camp. And I was grateful after closely studying the lizard that it was not pink and purple. To see the pamphlet go to:

http://creativeclay.org/site/summer-youth-inclusionary-arts-camp/

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I like this one best! http://creativeclay.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/thomas6.JPG

SECRET PEPPER PERSON: said...

You are good! I didn't know there were more photos!

Diane said...

LoVe both pictures!! Yay Art Camp!! P.S. just the lizard creeps me out a bit : )

SECRET PEPPER PERSON: said...

Diane, wait until I post the photo of the sea slugs he put on my legs at the beach. Honey, couldn't you just make a sand castle?

Jennie said...

Ha.. I LOVE the one with the black hands. Also, is that a clip on tie that he is wearing in some of the pics?

SECRET PEPPER PERSON: said...

Probably....he is in to ties He is wearing one to school now.

Jennie said...

awesome.