May 1, 2010

Early Mother's Day Present From The Genius

Sometimes a photo says it all. I LOVE signs and this one was an early gift from The Genius today. I've proudly hung it on my front door. Recently, I've been lamenting a lot about how I can never get my house clean like I used to when The Genius and The Artist were younger. The Teenager, The Boy and The Baby are like mini Hansel and Gretel's leaving three trails of " breadcrumbs" everywhere they venture. How perfect is this sign strategically hung on the front door for all to see as they enter our home. Oh, sorry about the clean laundry on the sofa. The kids are making memories. Sorry about the dirty underwear in the hallway. The kids are making memories. Sorry about the spaghetti stuck to the dining room table. The kids are making memories. Sorry about that snot rocket solidifying on the sliding glass door. The kids are making memories. Sorry about that toad in the bathtub. The kids are making memories. Ah, yes. This may go down in history as the most useful present I've ever received in 39 years of motherhood.

5 comments:

Diane said...

Great gift!
I remember when the Genius and the Artist were young you would clean your house on Friday evening....so your week-end was free! : )

SECRET PEPPER PERSON: said...

It would take dozens of Fridays with this group.

Diane said...

smile

Jenny said...

and where can i get one of those signs??

SECRET PEPPER PERSON: said...

A.M. Mama....I'll buy you a sign if you bake me a basketball cake for my birthday. Be sure to leave the pudding in the center.