Apr 4, 2010

Since When Did " i Carly" Represent Easter?

The teenager and I were in the store back when I could see well and she said, "look! It's almost Easter!" pointing to a huge display of stuffed animals, candy, baskets and a very large display of...i Carly? For those of you who don't have small children and are not familiar with the program on Nick it is a very popular tween show involving the main character, Carly, and her buddies who have a web show. It's an entertaining show if you're 12 and I have nothing against it but what does it have to do with Easter? This has been swirling around in my head like a turd that won't flush and today, Easter Sunday, I feel compelled to officially protest the commercialization of yet another special day. After I un-stuck both of my eyes this morning and was able to see a little of my world, I went out in the garden to find samples of what Easter is truly about. I did not find an i Carly Easter display.
I love the story according to John: "For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.Then the disciples went away again unto their own homes. But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, and looked into the sepulchre, and seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus has lain. And they say to her, Woman, why weepest thou? She saith unto them, Because, they have taken way my Lord and I know not where they have laid him. And when she said this, she turned herself back, and saw Jesus, and knew not that it was Jesus. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away. Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself unto him, Raboni!; which is to say Master."
And so to sum it up less eloquently than John, it is Jesus who has risen and His resurrection that we celebrate on Easter. Irregardless of how hard we try, His show will never be canceled.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Easter to everyone, and may iCarly not invade your house today.

SECRET PEPPER PERSON: said...

Thank you she won't since I took John Denver's advice and blew up the tv.

SECRET PEPPER PERSON: said...

Which by the way was as follows:

Blow Up Your TV, throw away your paper
Go to the country, build you a home

Plant a little garden, eat a lot of peaches
Try and find Jesus on your own