Apr 19, 2010

Mr. Bean


" A writer is like a bean plant - he has his little day, and then he gets stringy. " E.B. White

I planted heirloom beans two weeks ago. Contender (Buff) Valentine Bush Bean introduced in 1949 to be exact. Then the dog decided to dig a tunnel to China through the bean garden. What a bad doggie! I figured all was lost in bean-ville until tonight when I found the little bean man above beckoning me with outstretched arms and a little brown bean shell beret on his happy head. "Some bean!" (as E. B. White would say.) You go little bean man! I promise to go outside and sing you the Genius's favorite song every day:

Beans and rice!
Beans and rice!
So good!
Mama make em' twice.


Live long and get stringy!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

It was only a matter of time before the beans and rice song was blogged...

:)