Apr 15, 2011

Get Angry. Please.




Born2fly is a worthwhile teaching project for young children all over the world and in the USA to help prevent them becoming victims of the sex trade industry. Yes, right here in the USA. It's the 3rd biggest industry in our country. And after all, where do most Americans go to access children for sex? Children as young as 4? Thailand? Russia? South America?

No. They go right here in the USA.

It's time to dig our heads out of the sand. Having a friend long ago who was sold at the age of 4 as a sex slave in Southeast Asia I've seen first hand the devastation it causes.

One woman said, "I don't want to know."

She will be held accountable. We all will if we do nothing.

The film sites Proverbs 24:11. It reads, "Rescue those who are unjustly sentenced to die; save them as they stagger to their death."

If nothing else pass this information regarding Born2fly along.

Visit this blog.

And go see this film if it premiers near you.

No child is safe. No, not even yours.








4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought of you yesterday while I was at work. We had a five day old baby come in. He was on morphine q4h because of his mother's addictions. She was HIV+ and Hep C+. They were scanning him to look for TORCH.

He was beautiful and I wanted to take him home with me and give him a chance. How did you do it?
Adopt your kids? Give them another chance?

Elizabeth said...

Wow -- to both your powerful post, the work being done and Lilith's comment.

Diana Scimone said...

Thank you so much for posting about our work to stop child trafficking. We're very grateful!

Diana Scimone
Director
The Born2Fly Project to stop child trafficking
www.born2fly.org
www.dianascimone.com

Jennie said...

I recently watched a movie called "Very Young Girls" about child prostitution in the states. (It's on Netflix instant watch.) It focuses on a non-profit in NYC called GEMS (Girls Educational and Mentoring Services)... I fell in love with the woman who runs the organization... what an amazing force. The girls stories are beyond heartbreaking. I certainly knew horrible things like this happened but never thought about the fact that it happens on the streets I used to walk down every day.

I donated to her organization... after seeing what they do how could I not?

http://www.gems-girls.org/

Thanks for sharing Born2fly