Sep 27, 2010

May I Speak To Anyone Named Susan In...Like Texas?


I just spent one hour chatting on-line with someone named Vibhu from technical support regarding my memory card for the camera. Dear God.


Customer: My 14 year-old son has put a password on my computer and I can't get in.

Tech Support: Has he forgotten it?

Customer: No he just won't tell me it because I've grounded him.

I was eligible for a "one time only" technical support since I don't have a service warranty. This is after we determined that I purchased my computer in the USA. Why is this important?

Tech Support: Can you click on 'My Computer'?

Customer: I don't have your computer, just mine.

Vibhu directed me to a useless screen before he signed off.

Tech Support: "OK Bob, let's press the control and escape keys at the same time. That brings up a task list in the middle of the screen. Now type the letter 'P' to bring up the Program Manager."

Customer: "I don't have a 'P'."

Tech Support: "On your keyboard, Bob."

Customer: "What do you mean?"

Tech Support: "'P' on your keyboard, Bob."

Customer: "I'm not going to do that!"


I will say the useless screen gave me some ideas, however, and after rummaging around for a while I put my memory stick in and lo and behold it imported my photos.


Tech Support: 'Have you made backups of your software and data?'

Customer: 'I didn't know it had a reverse.'

As always, I have no earthly idea what I did.

Customer: 'How do you spell 'Internet America' ? Is there a space between 'inter' and 'net' ?'

Tech Support: 'No space between 'inter' and 'net' . It's spelled normally.'

Customer: 'Ok. A-M-E-R-I-C-K?'

Tech Support: 'That's A-M-E-R-I-C-A.

Customer: 'I-C-K???'

Tech Support: 'A as in apple'

Customer: 'There's no 'K' in apple!'

I am quite confident that Vibhu (which means "All Pervading") was no help whatsoever thus using up my one and only shot at technical support.

Tech Support: “What type of computer do you have?”

Customer: “A white one.”


I believe it's called revenge.


Blogger Templates

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Oh my, those gave me quite a chuckle. I know it wasn't for you though, trying to communicate with that tech support. I'm glad that your card decided to cooperate!

Kathleen Scott said...

Ooooh, I feel it.

I had a spell of "customer service" calls with Dell a few years ago. They took more than 24 hours out of my life WITHOUT SOLVING THE PROBLEM and I'll NEVER BUY/USE/RECOMMEND A DELL PRODUCT again.

And no, I didn't get therapy for my residual anger...telling people about HOW BAD DELL'S CUSTOMER SERVICE IS feels like therapy enough.

SECRET PEPPER PERSON: said...

Kathleen, I had the same experience with Dell. Never again.