Jan 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011


For the first time in years I slept threw the hoopla of the midnight ball drop. I didn't even hear the pots and pans and fire works that frequent our own redneck speckled neighborhood. The kids slept. The Dog. The Cat.

I never make New Years resolutions. This year I feel compelled to commit to a few things, however, so this year I will:

Cook more using free range and organic. I realize this eliminates everything from the grocery store...




And fast food establishments:

Therefore I will eat less.
Which is a good thing.


I will drink more water.
Even if I pee more.
Which I will.


Play more.



Sing More.



Garden more.




I will take life less seriously focusing on what's important not what is annoyingly consuming.


Pursue art.



Get my eyebrows waxed at our local Vietnamese establishment

I

Ignore the small stuff

Because it's always the small stuff that sucks the life out of you.

I imagine this will keep me busy in 2011 along with the job, the kids, the animals, cooking, cleaning....yawn.

Is it over yet?

7 comments:

Kathleen Scott said...

I LOVED the saying in the first green picture--You are the author of your own life. Awesome start to the year.

Sounds like you have wonderful intentions--and that's a good thing. Gotta want something to do it.

Thanks for your comment on the rufous hummingbirds at Hill Country Mysteries. I didn't even think about the arrival as a teenaged wandering. You're right.

Island Rider said...

Happy New Year to you too! I hope no one breakfarts in your poop pool this year.

Elizabeth said...

Oh, I love all of these. I think my favorite is the Up 2 You restaurant, though.

Happy New Year to you as well!

Dani said...

Happy New Year Girlfriend!

SECRET PEPPER PERSON: said...

Island Rider: LOL! The irony is, however, that the kids are always breakfarting in the poop up pool.

Elizabeth: My favorite Vietnamese restaurant has a menu similar to the Up 2 U sign. It's hard to order when you're laughing.

Kathleen: I want this shirt but I'm still not sure what a Labrador Retriever has to do with any of it :)

Dani: To you as well! Look forward to gazing at your beautiful photos in 2011 and gaining inspiration from the garden!

Anonymous said...

Love the t-shirt, Me, I feel also not so good. I know it's not pc but I love engrish.

Happy New Year.

debe said...

Happy New Year to all
Health and Happy persuits