Jan 22, 2012

O Come, O Come Emmanuel and Playstation



I remember reading on someones blog once that their special needs child has been Jewish, Catholic, Lutheran and a number of other denominations in their quest for a decent education to accommodate the child's differences.

The Boy attends a small Catholic school for special needs children. Because of this school and the remarkable teachers he has learned to read and write. And spell. And play a musical instrument. And make beautiful, award winning art. And he has learned to sing.

This morning as he is playing Monster Jam on his play station he is singing the above song at the top of his lungs. I was more than a little amused.

And then I started to reflect on how blessed we are.

3 comments:

Beverly said...

I love it. I love this hymn; I love it that The Boy knows it. He certainly hasn't separated the secular and sacred, has he.

When I was with my granddaughter at Christmas, we made some hand puppets (elephant, monkey, bear, and tiger) She wanted to do a puppet show, and so she and her mother got behind the sofa, and I heard Ella, who is five, isnging "Joyful, joyful we adore Thee." Sort of goes along with "O Come" and Playstation.

Elizabeth said...

You are blessedto have such a school. I think Soohie's school is the source of much of my needling dissatisfaction in her life.

Island Rider said...

Sweet. I didn't know St. Pete had such a school. How wonderful!