May 8, 2010

Hot Sauce House Cleaning


Not enough hours in the day for what needs to be accomplished in this family. I am fully aware of the fact that I do more in one day than most do in one week and we wont' even get in to the age factor and the fact that I should be "retired." Spring came and went in one week. May 1st arrived and the temperatures soared to the high 80's and at times 90's. I still have spring fever, however, and am ripping apart the front yard making water-wise beds, planting heirlooms in the back and chasing those dadburn Luber grasshoppers who are eating everything in site. Trips to the dump for mulch have to be done in early morning or evening as I would hate to have my obituary contain that I was found lying prostrate on a big pile of dump mulch over come by heat stroke. Of course, while treating my spring fever by digging and planting I have sadly neglected the inside of the house. The teenager, who is becoming very self sufficient in activities of daily living woke up and made her own breakfast which consisted of turkey bacon, scrambled eggs,waffle with low fat syrup and orange juice. Yes, all by herself! Proud? Not much!!! So i figured she might be up for a little house cleaning as well? A look of horror and then, "Mom! You know cleaning makes my heart boil like hot sauce!" Maybe I'll just head outside now.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh, I laughed heartily. This is delightful.