Sep 15, 2012

Begin At The Beginning And Go On Till You Come To The End: Then Stop.



                                          
The King's quote  (Alice In Wonderland, of course) sums up my current effort to return to blogging. Was my last post really April 21st? eblogger format has changed so much I barely recognize it. This post may take a while...

Thank you to all of the kindhearted among you who tossed emails and snail mails into the rabbit hole while searching for us over the past 5 months.We are all perfectly fine but as busy as The Boy's collage above.

In other words, nothing much has changed.

A few family firsts that are noteworthy:

                               The Baby's first day of Kindergarten. 

She has begun talking in sentences. She has officially hit the terrible two's albeit 3 years late. Yesterday, was her last day in a restaurant for a loooooong time due to a colossal melt down regarding a lettuce garnish on her plate. She simply did not like it.

Yes, my sweet, compliant Baby has become...well...a normal twerp. She fits right in with the rest of the twerps.

                                         The Teenager turned 19!

She is pictured above in a stylish,singing birthday hat provided by The Genius. The Teenager still comes up with the most amazing quips. She recently informed me I could not hold her hand in public because it was "humiliating." Whether your teenager's IQ is 46 like my teenager or 146 I think it's safe to say they are pretty much all the same. Obnoxious Opinionated.




The Boy continues to be an inspiration to others. The above collage was posted by a friend in Orlando along with the following paragraph:

 "Hero". When I saw the subject 'hero', I thought of many people...the first one who came to my mind today was The Boy. The Boy is the son of my friend. He is all boy, loves bugs, snakes and monster trucks...he is a
big brother and a little brother ~ the only boy in a family of women! He is a helper to his friends at school and they all love him : ) The Boy's life is about courage, he has Osteogenesis Imperfecta (OI). Also known as the "brittle bone disease". I have lost count of the times he has had a fracture, or a surgery, or a treatment to help strengthen his bones. He is an amazing boy! He is a hero!"
 
                               The "chicken whisperer" with his flock

 YES!  Chickens!


I have finally fulfilled my life long desire of being a chicken owner.  We are the proud owners of four Delawares named Beulah, Lula, Bobbie Joe and June. We expect lots of eggs and lots of poo for the garden. So far all we have is lots of poo for the garden.


                                               Photo from Google Images

The Boy and I have begun a meal worm farm for the flock. Thousands of wriggling alien-like larvae on a bed of oatmeal.

Truly the stuff nightmares are made of.

It's good to be back.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm so excited that you're back with your clan! THIS is going to be an awesome day --

Island Rider said...

Hooray! Glad everyone is ok! Good to hear from you and congrats to baby for starting the big K, boy for being a hero and teenager for her last year as a teenager! And you for holding it all together!

Heather said...

I have missed you. And sent a few emails, 2 to be exact, didn't hear back but you know I have this odd email address that begins with 'witch..' so I am thinking it is quite possible that junk box is where they landed.

Again, I have missed you and your humor and your daily life stories and the glimpses into the antics of these beautiful children of yours.

Awesome day indeed.

Beverly said...

So good to see you here again and to hear your news.

Anonymous said...

I've missed you. Glad to hear all is well and yes, the worms is the stuff of nightmares, and eggs apparently:)

D said...

I was worried!
so good to have you back.

Anonymous said...

So happy to see you back!